Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Operation Christmas Child

Note to subscribers who receive this as an e-mail:  Please go to my blog so that you can see the videos too (because they show as pictures in the e-mail, but as videos at my blog).


Last week, I had the great privilege of witnessing a school receive Operation Christmas Child boxes from churches in Canada.  Having seen my mother joyfully put together boxes every year for different children and the doing it myself once, it was touching to be on the other end and actually see the children receiving and opening up their shoe boxes.
Viviana García goes to our church and invited me
to volunteer with the distribution of shoe boxes.
Children used to just receive the shoe box, but now many of them are receiving a 12-week discipleship program called The Greatest Journey and then a Bible at their graduation.
Here is the auditorium before the children came in.

 
Volunteers receiving last-minute instructions.
Here they are entering the auditorium.
They don't know yet what this special assembly is about!
Anxiously awaiting to open their boxes.
This boy cracked me up.  Listen to what he told me.

Here they are holding up their boxes (anxious to rip into them).


What's in the boxes???

This boy loves his Franklin Covey PDA cover.  He says that
it's for kings and it's worth a million.  So sweet!

What a joy to see all of these kids faces and the excitement in their eyes as they receive God's love in the form of a box that a family or church put together without knowing where it would end up.