Now that David's in school, we can get started with some of the behind-the-scenes work which includes getting the bulletins and promotional pieces (including video) ready for September. We'll be showing the "Destinations/Boulevard of Broken Dreams" series that North Point did a few years ago.
Since we were not here for the church's official launch on August 7, I'm going to share with you an update that our friends sent out on August 16:
Last week was the launch of our church, Openhouse Project, and it was a great success! We are so humbled by and grateful for your friendship and support. Here are some of the highlights:
- 250 adults in attendance
- 50 children attended our kids program
- The service was executed very well.
- Our volunteers served at the highest level of excellence.
- Our guests had a great first impression.
- Thanks to your help, we were able to cover all of our expenses related to the launch!
- A volunteer sent me an e-mail saying: "Our family's story has a 'before and after' effect since we started coming to Openhouse. We are serving and growing together as a family and we are so grateful for the opportunity to be a part of this."
- A young couple sent me a note saying: "Thanks to our new church, we have for the first time understood that we don't have to carry guilt because we are loved, accepted and forgiven by our Heavenly Father."
- A father of three met with me this week. He came to the meeting with his children. Each one of them had a envelope with a donation for our children's ministry. He said to me: "I am trying to teach my sons the biblical value of giving to God's work."